Join the Council
Become a member
Membership is open to organisations and business that either work within or operate from the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man. We are a collective voice for the medical cannabis, CBD wellbeing, and hemp sector across the UK.
By joining the CIC, you become part of a strong nationwide network with the ability to influence the future of the industry.
In addition to the benefits detailed below, when you become a member, you’ll:
- get access to an exclusive library of industry and medical research
- be subscribed to the members’ newsletter
- receive a membership pack, including logos and templates to announce your membership on your website, social media, in print, and in the media.
Feature your business with regular blogs, case studies, speaking opportunities and interviews
Become a member of the CIC
Membership criteria and information
We offer three categories of membership – Full Member, Associate Member (services), Associate Member (third sector). To join, your organisation must be a formal, legal entity. We also have supporter and international observer options. Prospective members must be aligned with the CIC’s values.
Membership is open to, but not limited to:
- Licensed producers and UK based companies working with products that require a Home Office controlled drug import licence / MHRA import licence, and/or cultivation of plants, primary extraction or manufacture of finished controlled drugs from biomass or using products in excess of the controlled cannabinoids threshold – Prescription Cannabis
- Licensed cultivators and importers of Cannabis with a THC content not exceeding 0.2% – Industrial Hemp
- Professional associations that represent the industry (e.g. Industrial Hemp, CBD)
- Full Member: £250 – £3,000
- Associate Member (services): £250 – £2,000
- Associate Member (third sector): Free – £1,000
The following who are active in the sector are also eligible for membership:
- Banking & Investment
- Campaign Groups
- CBD product manufacturers and distributors
- Charities (e.g. health)
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Hemp product manufacturers and distributors
- Media & PR
- Patient Groups
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Prescription Cannabis Clinics
- Prescription Cannabis Dispensaries
- Political Groups & Parliamentary bodies